More so than any other group, small businesses are the ones who can benefit most from online marketing strategies. This article is going to discuss 7 small business internet marketing strategies that can help increase revenues and brand awareness at the local, state, or national levels.
Without further delay, here are 7 tips that your small business can use in order to increase business via internet marketing.
1. Build a website. Chances are your business may already have a website, but if not then investing in a quality website is one of the most important steps you can take to gain business via the internet. Now, a website itself is not going to make a dramatic increase in your business profits, but it does lay the essential foundations that all small business internet marketing campaigns must possess. Quick tools like Go daddy’s website tonight are actually terrible, because they cause many technical headaches, and the websites created will never attract the new business you desire.
2. Focus on social networking. Websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are great places to meet potential customers. Social networking websites have enabled individuals to connect globally, meaning that many unexplored small business frontiers are now starting to be explored. Joining groups on Facebook that are relevant to the products and services that you offer is just one way to get started. Online social networking is the wave of the future, and it is a terrific small business internet marketing strategy.
3. Install a company blog on your website. Blogging is one of the most fun (and inexpensive!) tools that small business owners can use to build their online brand. Blogging is an essential component of small business internet marketing, because it enables companies to announce new products and services, as well as inform existing clientele quickly and easily. (Important tip: Make sure to share blog posts on your small business social media platforms).
4. Submit a press release. Press release submission is one of the most effective ways to inform potential customers about the products or services that your company is selling. Whether your business is a professional practice (Doctor, Lawyer, etc.) or a retail business, submitting a press release is a great way to get the word out. (Hot tip: One of my favorite press release websites is a site called prlog.org. It is 100% FREE to submit a press release, and the website gets a ton a exposure online).
5. Write articles. Article marketing is one of the best ways to publish a mountain of content promoting your small business. Internet marketing for small businesses is all about generating leads and sales via different marketing channels, and article marketing is one of the best. To date I personally have over 1,000 articles online, and these articles have generated over 250,000 view to my various web properties! Below I have listed 10 of the most popular article directories where you can submit your small business related articles:
6. Conduct keyword research. This is kind of an insider secret, but if you are reading this post then I want to leave you with something that will wow any small business owner. Google actually has a tool (https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal) that gives estimates of how many times a particular phrase is searched for on a monthly basis using Google search. For example, if I use the Google keyword tool and type in "Atlanta injury attorney" I find that approximately 14,800 searches per month are performed for that phrase. If an Atlanta injury attorney could rank on page 1 of Google for that phrase then they would not need any other form of marketing! (Note: Improve a website's search engine rankings is known as search engine optimization or SEO. To enquire about SEO services offered by Matthew Lord Consulting
visit: Atlanta SEO services.
7. Analyze Your website Stats. A common program that is used to analyze website traffic is called Google Analytics. This tracking software (available FREE from Google) enables small business owners to check how many times the website is visited, and is also able to track the source of the visitor. For instance, if your website gets 200 visitors, Google analytics will show you where the traffic came from (Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc.). Being able to see this data enables small business owners to determine which online marketing strategies are working, and which ones are not. Unlike print advertising, small business internet marketing strategies can be tweaked easily for optimum performance.
These are 7 small business internet marketing tips that any business owner can use to generate new business via the internet. No matter what type of business you operate, marketing online is a great way to expand your horizons and ultimately increase profits. If you need help in designing a detailed internet marketing campaign for your small business then simply visit
http://matthewlordconsulting.com/services/internet-marketing-consulting/ or pickup the phone and
call me at 706-975-8045 today!